Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

email when listing is curently over my max bid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
question

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: email when listing is curently over my max bid Reply with quote

At least I would know not to keep hoping, or rethink to increase my max bid

Also, gixen don't send out emails? I never received one when it ended.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a Mirror subscription, that option is already available... look for 'Notifications for your account' on the 'Settings' page that you get by pressing the 'Settings' button near the top of the page, after you have logged in here to the web interface.

You have to enable this feature, it is turned off by default.
DataSage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: SMS on out bid Reply with quote

IMHO this is a feature that some people would want and pay for.

Payment might go like this 10 cents per notice, against a 5 dollar pre-paid account.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micro-payments don't tend to be worthwhile for buyer or seller via Paypal which is what is used to collect subscriptions for Gixen.

I think Mario implemented an ability to split subscriptions into 'chunks' which could well address the issue for those not wishing to use the Mirror features all the time.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure different for different folk Smile but I put my maximum bid into Gixen and that is that. If someone else's bid is higher than mine and I got a notification I could indeed increase my bid ... but I already put my max bid into Gixen Cool otherwise I just talk myself into spending more ...

I do wonder if there is mileage in telling me if another Gixen user has a higher bid than mine ...

... no sense both my bid AND the other person's bid competing for the same auction as if we are the two high bidders we will just drive each other's price up ...

So I would get a notification "Your bid has been outbid, and as such your bid will not be placed at all - unless you increase it".

Of course then I might need a tool to snipe Gixen Laughing
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand this argument, I think we have touched on it before on this forum.

It would be unfair to the seller since potentially they would receive less.. however, since this is a tool used by buyers not sellers, I guess that isn't going to attract much sympathy.

It would unlikely to be understood by Gixen members that did not have their bids placed and then saw that the item actually sold for less than they were willing to pay... because someone else here was prepared to pay more than they were... it could lead to off Ebay bidding wars where two or more Gixen users progressively increased their maximum bids just to get their bid placed at all, and not expect to pay anything like the amounts there were then entering on Gixen... such activity could then well actually result in prices ending higher on Ebay, contrary to the aim of the suggested feature.

More importantly it would disadvantage Ebay, who take fees based on the selling price... They would certainly (and correctly, in my view) regard it as 'auction manipulation', and they would be justified in taking action, be that by practical or legal means against any service that implemented features that supported such activity.

So, for the sake of being able to keep the Gixen service available, with the features that are currently available, I think that features designed to further advantage Gixen members over Ebays' interests are most likely a non starter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.