Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Is Gixen Down?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkstmps

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Is Gixen Down? Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

The system has run so smoothly that I didn't know whether to panic or not - I've been unable to access my account for the last half hour. I've tried different machines. It keeps "waiting for Gixen". Just wanted you to know if it was a real problem and no one else has told you.

Rick
Jorosis11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Gixen not working lost out on a few items Reply with quote

Gixen not working lost out on a few items Go to log in just hangs from my PC and ipad on different networks. It never submitted the bids I had in the system tonight....
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not see any problems now, what were the auction ids?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay had an issue around that time, all servers were affected.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject:

fpsjim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: can't log in Reply with quote

Last night I couldn't get onto the Gixen website at all. Today I can access the website but I can't log in. Every time I log in, I get the mession "session expired" and a request to log in again.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fpsjim,

The first check that I would do is that the time and date are set correctly on the computer that you are using.
fpsjim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked; time and date are fine. Prior to last night I have had no issues signing in or logging on to Gixen.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you changed your eBay id or password since you last successfully logged in here?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fpsjim, are you using some bookmark to access Gixen? Type the URL manually instead of using the bookmark, then log in by typing in your username and password.
fpsjim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Everything was working great. No issues for the couple of weeks I've been using Gixen. Then last night I could not log onto the website. Today I can get on the website, but can't log onto Gixen.

In fact, since I can't log on, every time I respond to this thread I have to fill out a form and decipher a very difficult to read code (which I get wrong more often than right) so this is a bit of a process.

Should I send an email somewhere?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. No, I'm not using a bookmark. I've typed in the URL for access. Last night I even shut down the computer to start over and that didn't help.
fpsjim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first response was "no" to the question about whether I'd changed something. I haven't changed the password, email, or any other setting since I last used Gixen successfully.

Just tried again to log in since it's been a few hours and still won't work. Says "Session expired. Please sign in" every time I enter my username and password and press the Log in Now button.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cookie message is an indicator of a browser problem of some kind. Try a different browser and you will be able to log in.
fpsjim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Hmmm. Now that you mention it, the first error message I got this morning was about cookies. Although I haven't changed any eBay settings, I did change internet options by going into tools and enabling 1st party, 3rd party, and session cookies with no prompts. The setting I changed from was enabling them, but with prompts. I also added gixen to safe websites on the tools safety bar. Couldn't add as http - had to be https. Should I try removing that? Previously, there were no sites in that box.

I'm using internet explorer. I'm not signed up for another; should I sign up for a different one? I don't understand why it used to work with internet explorer but now it isn't.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That box you added Gixen to is probably not related to cookies at all.

Any particular reason why you changed the default cookie settings? I would try restoring that to default settings and see if that makes a difference.

Another browser would definitely resolve the issue, but try fixing IE first if possible.
fpsjim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the cookie setting after I couldn't log into Gixen this morning. The first failed log in had a cookie error message.

After I changed my cookie setting, I no longer got the cookie error message when trying to log onto Gixen. Instead, I now get the session ended, sign in again message.

As is probably obvious by now, I don't know much about computers, but that seems to me like the cookie problem got fixed and there is a different issue since it's a different message.

I have been logging in just fine with the old cookie setting, but once in awhile would get the cookie message like I got first thing this morning. Used to be when that happened, I'd try again and be okay but today it didn't matter, until I changed the cookie setting I got the cookie error message when I tried to log in.

Thanks very much for your help!
fpsjim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've changed settings back to default and restarted the computer. Got the cookie blocked message again when I tried to log on at Gixen. Looked in tools - the default setting does not allow cookies.

I changed the setting so that all cookie settings are enabled.

Closed the browser and opened a new one. Tried logging in again. This time I got the session has ended please sign in again message.

It will not work for me long-term to have to go through a different browser to use Gixen. What else can I try?

Thanks.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know, as I cannot guess what's wrong with the settings. Try clearing cookies, try setting all settings to default, try installing the latest version of the same browser.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.