Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen ie Add-on / autosnipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvasnipe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Gixen ie Add-on / autosnipe Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

Any help appreciated.

I've installed Greasemonkey and the Gixen add-on but so far the snipe this button has only showed up on one auction.

Greasemonkey is started but just not showing on the auction pages. I'm on ebay.co.uk and it's listed correctly in the domains.

Also, can the autosniper be programmed to remember passwords as per the Gixen home page. It set a snipe (auction yet to finish) but didn't ask me if I wanted to remember passwords.

Thanks again.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell you the truth - I know very little about how greasemonkey scripts work, I only assisted with the server side. Your best bet is to contact the author, Keith Hopkins. He is in UK too, so he must have tested it with UK site, but he might have used Firefox. His email is hopkins.joan at gmail.com.

As for the username / password, I know that the script contains the username field that you can hardcode to your ebay username. Not sure about the password field, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's possible too. Again, best person to answer this is Keith.

P.S. I think the reason why IE doesn't offer to memorize password are other fields in the form (bid, quantity, item id, etc). But I don't see a reason why this couldn't be hardcoded in the script itself. This script resides on your own machine, you should be able to edit it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The autosnipe would show up on all the u r l cgi.ebay.*

Could you give me the u r l of the auction its not showing on and confirm that you are using firefox or IE?

The link will only appear one the page has been loaded..

It is possible to have the password stored in the script however it a very bad idea as there is no way to encrypt the password and would have to be stored in plain text, and hence I never included this option....

Roboform will remember the password and has AES encryption a lot safer alternative.

Keith Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... saw the title of IE.. Wink

The IE script is slightly different than the firefox script, It does take a while for the link to appear and its not possible to store the username.. or password for the reason above..

Keith Cool
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.