Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen Failed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaupaar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Gixen Failed! Reply with quote

i am so gutted i lost a fantastic car today which i had been looking for such a long time, the car sold for GBP 5300.00 i set my snipe for GBP 5800.00 and it failed, i was up and waiting for it to put a bid in and it did not, i have the gixen error screenshot and will try to submit if this is allowed here, but will not use gixen again, it is free for a reason.

not happy! :cry[/img]
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, you were quite unlucky - Gixen main ISP had a networking issue last night. I just posted an announcement about it.
ALWAYS SNIPING

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Gixen Failed! Reply with quote

beaupaar wrote:
i am so gutted i lost a fantastic car today which i had been looking for such a long time, the car sold for GBP 5300.00 i set my snipe for GBP 5800.00 and it failed, i was up and waiting for it to put a bid in and it did not, i have the gixen error screenshot and will try to submit if this is allowed here, but will not use gixen again, it is free for a reason.

not happy! :cry[/img]

Rolling Eyes Firstly if I was sniping something at 5800 I sure as hell would have signed up for the mirror service at $6 - that's just common sense.
Gixen works and it is made quite clear that the free service has limits.
That's why there is the mirror service - for a ridiculously low fee of $6 you have added security that your snipes will work.
I used the basic service for approximately 1 week, and then subscribed to the mirror service, not only to maximize my snipes success rate but also to support the amazing job Mario does. Rolling Eyes
Kemmdawg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALWAYS SNIPING

That's why there is the mirror service - for a ridiculously low fee of $6 you have added security that your snipes will work.
I used the basic service for approximately 1 week, and then subscribed to the mirror service, not only to maximize my snipes success rate but also to support the amazing job Mario does.

Big thumbs up! and great work Mario
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Ramona

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Gixen Failed! Reply with quote

beaupaar wrote:
i was up and waiting for it to put a bid in and it did not

If you were at your computer when the auction ended, why didn't you just put your bid in manually - especially if the car was so important to you?

(Also, even though it sold for GBP 5,300, you don't know how high the highest bid was, so you may not have won it at GBP 5,800).
ALWAYSSNIPING

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE Reply with quote

JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU'VE HEARD EVERYTHING.
MIRROR COSTS $6 A YEAR - DO YOUR HOMEWORK Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Stan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a HTTP TIMEOUT(77) error in the past, luckily on a cheap and impulse buy item.

When I was after a lens for my camera for around GBP 200 (sold items going for between GBP 190-GBP 230), I damn sure paid my $6 for the Mirror service and it really paid off because there was another HTTP TIMEOUT(77) error on the item I managed to snag!

Long live Gixen mirror!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.