Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

What's grouping?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eduardo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: What's grouping? Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

First of all, congratulations for the Gixen.com website. It is very good!

I would like to know one information: I want to make sure I understand the meaning of grouping in your website. As far as I understood, when I group two items under a certain grouping number, if I win the first item, my second bid is cancelled. Is my understanding right?

Thank you!
Eduardo
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct Eduardo, you understood it well.

Just make sure auctions you are grouping are not within 2 minutes of each other. In fact, more than 10 seconds should be enough, but 10-seconds part I'm still testing.

Thank you for writing, it's good to hear comments.

Mario.
CanadianWeasel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have grouped items that bid on the second item only if the first item is won?

For example, there was recently a listing for a car stereo and an additional auction for the a CD changer which went with the stereo. Why they choose to sell them seperately, I don't know, but some do.

Anyway. If the first item isn't won, there's no point in bidding on the second item since they go together. I know that if you win the first item, there is no guarentee you'd win the second item, but that's a chance you take in sniping of live bidding.

Just an idea. It's not often something like this occurs.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be possible, but I'm not sure it's worth the development time, plus it might confuse some users. I don't think I'll pursue that...
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

rick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea. I have entered a bid in Gixen for an eBay item and I'd like to enter another bid for an auction for an accessory to that item that closes a couple of hours later. If I win the first item, I would like to snipe for the second. However, if I don't win it, I obviously don't want the accessory.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try to understand - as it is, small percentage of users use even groups. Users like you who would appreciate conditional bidding are probably in 1% minority. At this point of life of Gixen I can't invest that much time developing a (quite complex) feature that only a tiny fraction of users need.

In fact, from a pure economic point of view, Gixen return on investment, as it is now, is non-existent.
dau999

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Using groups and multiple quantities Reply with quote

I have an additional question about groups. Will the grouping function allow me to bid on and win multiple separate auctions? For example, I want to purchase two of particular item. There are 5 separate items available. If I set up a group over those 5 items and define a quantity of 2, will Gixen continue to bid on items until two have been successful of the 5?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Gixen is not that smart Sad.

If you win 1 item out of 5 (in a single auction), Gixen will consider auction as won and cancel other scheduled grouped snipes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.