Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Real auto snipe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Real auto snipe? Reply with quote

Hey,

I just added that script thingy that allows you to snipe right from the auction's page and I love it! No more copying and pasting item numbers and switching between windows!

What I have been wondering for quite some time however is if there is a program that will really place auto snipes on your behalf on items which meet predetermined parameters.

For example say at a certain time every day I want the program to place snipes on any and all items with a certain UPC code ending within the next 24 hours where the high bid is below my max and the seller is in the U.S.A.. For such a program to work it would have to recognize the shipping cost and take that into account.

So if this worked the only thing left for me to do would be to scan the list of scheduled snipes looking at titles and searching for undesirable items (for example seller uses a video game's UPC but writes "CASE ONLY" in the title).

So what do you all think? Does such a program exist or could it exist?

Thanks!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could exist, however I consider any automation of what you bid on very risky. There could be something in the description of the item that completely changes valuation.
Jeremy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. And while I realize that this would be of extremely limited utility to most people it could be of very high utility to some resellers like me.

With video games there really isn't a lot the seller could say in the listing that would change the valuation significantly. They could say that they are selling an empty case and not the game itself but most list that info in the title.

They may say that the game is very scratched but works or scratched and they don't know if it works, or scratched and it doesn't work but in most cases a disc repair machine will take care of these problems (and in cases where it didn't one would just accept the small lossage as long as the seller was specific about the condition in the listing).

They may say that they have the disc only and will ship it in a plain case or cd sleeve which does lower the value of the item but it wouldn't be the end of the world to end up winning some such items for prices which are very far below the average selling price of the game since they could still be sold for a small profit.

I still think this could be extremely useful to people like me who could place extremely low auto snipe bids on hundreds (or eventually thousands) of individual items with a fairly uniform cost without having to plow through search after search after search. You would just scan the results (ideally they would show up in list results by title not by whatever is ending soonest regardless of title and would show the picture also, how about a snapshot of the seller's description field as well?)) looking for mistakes.

The person who uses the program could pay a very small % of each win instead of a small annual fee and it would be worth it due to the enormous time saved. This would probably be most useful to resellers of used media, but there may be some other categories where it would be useful as well.

Just a thought...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.