Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Not sure how this works?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3406pac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Not sure how this works? Reply with quote

I bid on 4 items, 2 outbid and 2 bid under asking price. 2 of the items were won by same person, not sure if he has a better, sniper or what. My bids don't even show in the history. I can understand the ones I get outbid on before the end of the auction. I don't know why my bids don't show up if I am getting sniped by a 2$ higher bid. I would really love to make this work. What Am I not getting?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen places the bid that you specify in the last few seconds of the auction so that other bidders don't have time to react to it.

If the price has gone above what you are prepared to pay by then the bid can not be placed because eBay will not accept a bid that is not at least one bid increment above the current auction price. In this case you get a 'Bid Under Asking Price' status and you will not see any bid in the history from you.

Alternatively another bidder may have already placed a bid that is higher than your maximum earlier in the auction, then so long as you bid is more than one increment above the auction price your bid will be placed but you still won't win because eBay will immediately increase the price within the limits set by the earlier bidder. In this case you will see your bid in the history and you will get an 'Outbid' status here on Gixen.

You will only ever win, whether using Gixen or bidding manually, if you are prepared to pay more than anyone else is prepared to bid before the auction ends.
3406pac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I lost a bid with the message bid timeout error. My about was at least $25-30 more then the winning bid, but I still managed to not win the item. So far IM not impressed at all.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a major backbone outage this evening near Chicago. See http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5658
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.