Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Was Gixen down Sunday most of day?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bullpen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Was Gixen down Sunday most of day? Reply with quote

Hi: Appreciate the service thus far. One question: Was web site down this past Sunday? Seemed to have difficulty getting onto web site.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I haven't noticed any problems whatsoever nor heard any other complaints. Confused

Last edited by mario on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Bullpen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Sunday down? Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you for such a fast reply! Must have been problem on my end.
calbright78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: I CANT LOGIN Reply with quote

IT KEEPS TELLING ME PAGE IS UNAVAILABLE AND I THINK I LOST TWO BIDS..AHHHH
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: I CANT LOGIN

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calbright78, what is the exact message text you are getting? And what are the items ids of the auctions you lost?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had a problem accessing the site yesterday, from the United Kingdom, I was getting a timeout in my browser, so I suspect that Gixen was inaccessable due to network connectivity on the internet.

I don't know how these things work, does anyone know how priority is set for website traffic over the internet and whether website owners can have any influence over it?

I'm sure this was a combination of many users on the internet, I know that Sunday is a very high traffic day on eBay itself, so a larger amount of traffic than is usual and the fact that my computer was busy downloading a very large file for some of the time that I was attempting to access Gixen.

Ahh.. I've now read a later thread... this was caused by a Denial Of Service attack on the front end Internet Service Provider that hosts the Gixen web interface... I'd still be interested to know how priority of requests is controlled and how conectivity is optimised over the internet, if anyone knows.
luv738

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Temporarily Unavailable Reply with quote

FYI.

Around 2 pm central time on Sunday March 15, I was also unable to connect to gixen.com from Dallas, Texas. It came back a couple of hours later and everything went back to normal.

Thank goodness Very Happy
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I already said in another thread - Gixen front-end ISP had a massive DOS attack yesterday, which resulted in problems accessing Gixen.

Snipes were not affected though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.