Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Sort Function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Sort Function Reply with quote

Hey there,

First, I wanna say how much I appreciate what you are doing. It looks like you put a lot of time and energy into making this work and to responding to people on the forums.

I haven't had a chance to win anything yet (because the auctions have too many days left), but I noticed something that would make it much easier for those of us who have a certain way to organize things. The first thing I noticed was that we weren't able to sort the snipes we had set up, on the site or the app.

I'm running Win7 64x, but it seems to work just fine. Unless it was supposed to be able to sort. I know I read another thread about grouping the groups, but I figured being able to sort the columns alphabetically or numerically would be much more convenient and solve the groups problem at the same time.

Anyway, other than that, it seems to be a really nice site and app. Thanks for taking the time to read this and keep up the awesome work. Depending on how well this works, I might get mirror.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I think filtering by group number would be the most useful thing, and or sorting by (group, time). I'll put this on my to-do list, but can't give you any timeline for this.
Bud

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine. I just thought it would be a cool thing to have. Thanks for keeping up the good work.
strong_lead

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Grouping groups Reply with quote

Hey Mario,
Just wanted to bump this idea.

When bidding on just a couple of items or all like-items, the current display logic works fine. I find it very hard to track/compare snipes when bidding on totally different items.

It would make it MUCH easier to keep track of my snipes if all the items if Gixen displayed all the items in a group together. I don't care if the function is limited to the web or desktop application so long as I can see them together in one of them.

Since we can manually add shipping costs in the comment field, I prioritize this idea over adding shipping costs. Of course, others will disagree...

Thanks again for making this service available for a nominal fee.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Grouping groups

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Grouping groups Reply with quote

strong_lead wrote:
It would make it MUCH easier to keep track of my snipes if all the items if Gixen displayed all the items in a group together. I don't care if the function is limited to the web or desktop application so long as I can see them together in one of them.

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to edit...

I should have said, "It would be much easier to keep track of my snipes if Gixen displayed all the items in a group together."

Thinking about it some more... Gixen offers two compelling advantages over the standard ebay bidding system:
1. Last second sniping.
2. Grouping of like items in various configurations to assure snipers do not win too many like items or too few if more are wanted.

Looking at the key advantages of Gixen, the display options should match them. Users need to see a combination of time remaining and groups. Since I only use the service to win bids on a single item at a time, I do not know the best way to display more complex bidding arrangements.

For simple "I want to buy one of these items" bid, I would prefer DEFAULT display to sort as follows:
1. Group number
2. Expiration/expired time, soonest first.

Items not in a group would be lumped together, either before or after groups, and should be sorted by expiration time.

This grouping would allow me to view similar items, compare current prices and my max bid amount while tracking when they will expire. (Using comments, I can see how much shipping will cost and add that to my bid in my head.) As time goes on, I can see the amount of winning bids to better understand how closely my price expectations match market value.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that your suggested default layout with Grouped items all together in time order and non grouped items also in time order either before or after those that are in Groups would be more intuitive.

My concern would be that since it has been as it is now for many years that existing users would, at least initially, find it confusing as a change to what they are used to.
Atlas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No word from Mario? I'd love to have this feature too... It is often a headache to try and mentally sort all the items, sometimes losing track of a few you might want to get rid of/change.

Cupid wrote:
I agree that your suggested default layout with Grouped items all together in time order and non grouped items also in time order either before or after those that are in Groups would be more intuitive.

My concern would be that since it has been as it is now for many years that existing users would, at least initially, find it confusing as a change to what they are used to.

"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts." -Arnold Bennett
I'm not sure sorting would bring the former or the latter in any case, though. Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on my todo list, but haven't got to it yet due to other priorities.
ollitrop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Still on my todo list, but haven't got to it yet due to other priorities.

I would like to bump this suggestion as well. I really appreciate your service and I am a proud mirror subscriber.

My idea was that on the website and desktop application we could click the field description to sort ascending/descending. That would make things a lit easier to manage; especially when dealing with hundreds of auctions.

Thanks again!
umetnic7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like To kindly BUMP this suggestion for SORT. It would make this nice service even more usefull! Very Happy
Thank You & keep up the good work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.