Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bidding Script?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alwaysfit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Bidding Script? Reply with quote

Dear Admin,

I am working on a website that allows people to bid through it to ebay (not a sniping service but something different) and I was wondering if you can manage to sell such script since you already have the great expertise it seems!

Basically its should have the same info as the sniping page on gixen, however the bid will directly be placed.

Please let me know
Thank you!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen is not a script really, it's quite a complicated system, plus I wouldn't sell the software anyway.

If you need just an ability to place a bid, without it being scheduled, you are allowed to use ebay API for this. eBay API has an advantage that it's not going to be broken if design of listings changes.

If you need sniping, however, consider Gixen API - you can still place a bid and obtain status using Gixen servers.
Alwaysfit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply,

Our website would request the user to create a new username under our website where he can then add his ebay account and bid through directly from his account page on our website.

My developer was going through troubles specifically using ebay API since according to him they only allow the developer account to use it.

So he informed me that for users to bid through our website they will have to bid under our ebay account, which seemed wrong to me knowing that there is gixen where users bid through their own account.

Do you think you can help us with this issue ? and do you have any suggestions ?

Moreover we were interested in adding an extra sniping option, but I did not know you offer API, so that would be a great solution as well, Do you charge for us using your service ?

Thanks a lot
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the eBay API, but the Gixen API is detailed here:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1359
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.