Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Allow ebay referrals?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Allow ebay referrals? Reply with quote

several websites have ebay referral links - you logon through the referral link, buy something and ebay gives a portion of their profit to the referring website. It'd be nice if gixen could do the same so one could snipe and the websites could get the referral fees.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understood what you mean - if you mean Gixen should participate in ebay affiliate program, it can't. Sniping sites are not allowed by ebay.

If you think Gixen should pay some money for referrals, there is simply no way - Gixen makes negligible money at this point. Unless if I change the business model and start charging.
Me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither one - what I meant was, let's say there's a charity with a website - joeskids.org (made that up - hope it's not real). On their site they have referral links to different places including ebay. you go to joeskids first, click on their link to ebay, log in, bid on an item, win pay and ebay pays part of their profit back to joeskids. It'd be nice if you could snipe the ebay auction but have the snipe authentication make the referral back to joeskids.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I understand. However, what I'm concerned very much about is whether this would be fraud or not. eBay certainly wouldn't appreciate something like this.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.