Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Suggestion: Include link to Gixen in notification emails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpcohen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Suggestion: Include link to Gixen in notification emails Reply with quote

I'd like to suggest the inclusion of a link to Gixen in the notification emails sent out. Often after receiving a notification my first impulse is to go to Gixen to see exactly what's involved. Having a link to Gixen included in the notification email would make that easier since clicking on it would get me where I want to go next. Thanksl.
Sumflow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Link to Gixen in the notification emails Reply with quote

If not already done so, agreed, there should be a link.
nochkin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't your mother tell you not to click on links in the e-mails which involve login and passwords?
Sumflow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Chicken Little Reply with quote

nochkin wrote:
Didn't your mother tell you not to click on links in the e-mails.
Why?

I am on a Mac I don't have any security problems. I click on anything that I want, anytime I feel like it, alway have. Mom told me not to believe in old wives tails, and my Dad told me "time is money." But the link does not need to involve special passwords Gixen.com would be sufficient. As it is now I have to go looking for a Bookmark, or type it in, if I can find a browser. If my bank and stock brokers, can send me a link, I don't see why Gixen cannot add that little bit (if it is technically possible that is) to alerts?

They put it in one time, and then it is always there. Saving us thousands of seconds. Unless you've already lined both your hat and your laptop bag with tinfoil, you should not be to worried about this. Besides you do not make any sense. What do you think will happen you click on Gixen it buys everything on eBay. So what! There is no access to your bank accounts, you are not going to have to pay for anything. There is not enough time to go around being paranoid over nothing.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Chicken Little

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I don't think nochkin was suggesting that Gixen itself would be more liable to fraud if there were links in the emails that it sends out.

I guess there would be a greater possibility that someone outside Gixen might try to spoof emails that looked they came from Gixen with links to their own site in order to try to collect eBay ids and passwords, it is common to mimic eBay emails for this purpose. But as you say there is little to be gained by obtaining eBay ids for a scammer. The most common use they have for them is to try to sell things and collect money on their own accounts... That is not good for the eBay community or the reputation of the person whose credentials are stolen. I don't think they stand to make a great deal even if they succeed in that because it is most often detected quite rapidly these days, especially on active eBay accounts.

I think it is unlikely that Gixen users would get targeted in this way because it is very hard, if not impossible, for someone to detect externally that an eBay user is also a Gixen user that uses the email facilities here, so hit rates would be very low for them even if they did try it.

I guess there is also the possibility that Gixen emails that contain links are more likely to be treated as spam by email detection software, that would not be good for those that currently receive them without any issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.