Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen stealth mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sumflow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Gixen stealth mode Reply with quote

If by requesting updated prices, Gixen is giving eBay information about how many bidders are watching an item, why can't we enact a stealth or hidden mode , and just have Gixen snipe the price that we specified, without contacting eBay a second time until the bid is submitted?

It is still, as always up to the bidder to bid the maximum that they are willing to pay. Winning bidders do not need constant updates from Gixen on price. Can we tell Gixen, do not monitor an item, if it will give us greater privacy?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure that just by fetching an item that reveals interest at all. Gixen does not log in to ebay on your behalf in order to fetch the price.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the number of watchers is not increased by accessing the item, I do however suspect that when sellers add controls on their listings from other sites these do monitor and display at least unique (in terms of IP address) accesses to the auction page, commonly known as a 'hit count'.

In that respect this is an interesting request, but it is not one that I personally would use since I see it as an advantage to a buyer that the seller (at least) is aware of some interest in the item. In terms of other buyers I am sceptical that high access counts on an item actually affects the price that the item achieves, but I accept that its' availability is never going to reduce the price.

I also suspect that reducing the number of accesses to the auction page is not going to reduce the count as I think the count is most often for unique access not overall access, that is to say it does not increase when a user looks at an item from the same location more than once. Sniping software is always going to need to access the page at least once (when a snipe is set up) in order to verify that the auction is valid and accessible and to retrieve the information that is displayed.
Sumflow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Watch hits Reply with quote

It would influence my bidding if I knew an item that no one was watching, was getting hundreds, maybe thousands of hits.y
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Watch hits

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?, What interests me is what others are prepared to pay, not what they are prepared to look at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.