Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Excellent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwadholm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Excellent Reply with quote

I love not having to "be there" to snipe auctions. Even with the eBay app on my smartphone I would miss auctions, forget to watch the end of an auction even though I got the 15 minute warning (yea...I'm a little ADD), and none of the frustration of watching items get bid up and up where it becomes a game for the guy on the other side who just wants to win at all costs.

I considered myself a pretty "intelligent" bidder understanding the psychology of the bidders on the other side but with Gixen I am winning more auctions at lower dollar amounts.

One suggestion for those who think 3 seconds or even 6 second offsets are the way to go...I actually think 8 second offsets are the best because you get in before others but don't leave enough time to manually bid. Some of the complaints I have heard are probably because they bid the same amount (or within the increment) but at a later time, therefore an earlier bid might have won the auction.

Anyway...it just works and works good and the mirror service is worth 10X the price of admission.

Donovan
Admitted Low-balling sniper
material_girl_83

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree, as someone who loves ebay but works on call (often attending work emergencies at a moment's notice), and who purchases many items from overseas (different time zone), I was often frustrated at missing out on items. I would often set my alarm for 3 or 4 am just so that I could win the item in Europe or US (desperate, I know!)... My only issue is that because Gixen works so well, I am now flat broke! And, no I was not paid to say this, I just genuinely think it is a fantastic program
dwadholm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: for sure Reply with quote

I TOTALLY agree... I was going to post that as a follow up last week.

It works so well I am running out of money. I buy most of my inventory for my side business on eBay and I have been winning more auctions at lower prices and making more money. But, you are right...I am winning too many auctions!

Another problem is that I am winning auctions at such stupid low prices that some people are refusing to send the merchandise, cancelling transactions, or just plain ignoring my messages. Thank God for buyer protection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.