Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Desktop manager suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
New_User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Desktop manager suggestions Reply with quote

A couple of suggestion for the desktop manager...

Can you add a column to the desktop manager so that you can see how many actual bids have been made. Currently it just tells you the price but if it told you the bid # then you could get some sense as to the current interest in the item. (I don't think you neccesarily need to take it to the logical step of being able to click into a bid history anytime soon.)

Knowing how much activity is ocurring can be useful. I know that this is primarily a sniping service and not a bid manager but it does add value. If I see something getting bid up rapidly it certainly grabs my attention and may make me re-evaluate the situation. Is there something special about this item that I missed? I know some would say that you should always bid your absolute maximun but in the real world this can be a hard thing to determine, even if one discards the role of emotional bidding.

Perhaps ... the desktop manager could save the bid states when it was closed (or through a button) and then when it was re-opened it could highlight items where the price has changed since your last session, like it does in yellow when you are underbidding.

My $0.02.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

# of bids may be provided in the future, I'll think about it. The downside of it is that it's one more thing that can break when ebay changes listing design, so it makes GDM less robust. Note that listing fetching is not centralized in GDM - GDM does it itself, and not through Gixen servers.

As for the state / saving, maybe in the future, but that's not going to be my first priority. It would be quite complex to implement and I am not sure that effort is not better used for other features (e.g. saving history in GDM).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.