Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Changing ebay Password

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the3coopers

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Changing ebay Password Reply with quote

Hi Mario

I can't work out what to do if I change my ebay password (I am planning to do this soon for security reasons)...

I can't get inside Gixen with an "unknown" password, because I would get : Password is not a match. Could not log you in

I looked around the site - is there no automatic way to change the Gixen Account password ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Gixen password is your ebay password. Once you change your ebay password, for all practical purposes your existing scheduled snipes are dead (and you can't see them any longer) and you have to re-enter them.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Mario - you misunderstand my problem.

I have a Gixen Account at the moment, and it has a Password associated with it. That password is my (current) ebay password.

Now, Gixen hasn't got a way to "check" my password with ebay, so it is using it's OWN internal password records. It verifies me... it has to otherwise anybody could log into anybody else's account, eh?

OK - I just tried to get into my Gixen Account (on THIS ID), but I deliberately tried a "testing" password. Gixen will not let me into my account !!
- I get a message saying "Password is not a match. Could not log you in"

So, if I changed Password on Ebay, I still can only log into Gixen with my OLD Password, but I cannot change my Gixen Account's password to match my new ebay password !

It's easy to test for yourself - use any valid ebay account that you have, and try to log into Gixen using a different Password.

You can set up a NEW Gixen Account with any password you like (of course if it doesn't match your ebay password then the snipes won't work). But there doesn't appear to be any way to change the password once it has been set.

I hope that makes sense ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you misunderstood. Very Happy

Gixen has a way to check your password against ebay. Every time you log in to Gixen, Gixen logs in to ebay with the credentials you provide. This is done in the background. If Gixen is able to log in to ebay for you, you will be allowed to log in to Gixen. This is how Gixen authentication works.

Change your password on ebay, and you will NOT be able to log in to Gixen with your old password. And all the snipes scheduled before you changed your ebay password will dissapear for you (and are dead entries in the Gixen database).
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHHH !!! OK - I get it now... Laughing

Well that is good, and a clever way to do authentification too.

Thanks for clearing that up for me !
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.