Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

British Summer Time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gram

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: British Summer Time Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been using Gixen long enough that I should really know, but I can't remember what happens when clocks go forward/back in different areas.

Last night the UK moved to British Summer Time. Ebay's statement is that "all items that are listed before the time change will still run for exactly the same length of time of 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 or 30 days. This means that if an item begins at 1:00PM before 27 March and ends after the time changes, the ending time will be changed to 2:00PM instead of 1:00PM", so can I understand from that that auction times are based on auction duration rather than actual time, and thus snipes placed, either before the change or after, will be unaffected here?

Sorry; this has probably been mentioned before, but I didn't immediately see any topic results, and I don't think its ever been a personal issue for me before.

I take it that snipes shouldn't be either missed or placed early?

I'd be grateful for any clarification.

Thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, auctions are based on duration not actual time, snipes are not affected here by any changes to local times... eBay and Gixen servers don't work in local time anyway, they work in a time zone where there are never such shifts.

Of course what you see as the end time on the auction changes, but that is just eBay converting the actual end time to your local time zone from the actual time held on the server which does not change.
gram

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought.

Many Thanks for the confimation, Cupid!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.