Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Thawte, verisign etc...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Thawte, verisign etc... Reply with quote

I am in the process of trying out Gixen - 2nd day - so will see how it goes !!
When trying auction snipers in general for the first time however, I opted for 'Bidnapper' based only on the fact that they had 2 security certificates - Thawte & Securitymetrics. I am sure that this would go a long way toward imroving confidence in Gixen for new users although you probably have considered this already?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it has been considered... there is a cost involved in getting an outside organistion to verify that the code is safe, so it would potentially push up the costs for the users.

In addition, there are quite a few very technically proficient users of this site, they are more than able to provide scrutiny and reassurance to the users that this site is as safe to use as it possibly can be.

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Mark. Keeping costs low is good !
I noticed that Gixen is well supported, by the site founder himself as well, which is why I have decided to try it out. I have only seen two ''horror stories'' about the site posted, one of which was the same one re-posted & the other, posted a few weeks ago in which the guy was very short on details, despite requests from both yourself & Mario. In both instances I think that the users were careless with their passwords or didn't take enough precautions to prevent their computers being compromised by keyloggers etc...
Personally, I have set myself an evaluation period after which I forsee myself becoming a mirror subscriber since I have no complaints thus far !
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, unfortunately some people will have issues with their own security and jump to illogical conclusions about Gixen as a result, we can not avoid that happening sometimes... everyone has a right to opinion here.

Best of luck with your evaluation and, of course, your sniping and I hope you stick around in the long term to contribute to the site and the community here.

If you do have any issues or questions we look forward to trying to help with them.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark, will do. All the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.