Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auction Sniper and username / password

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Auction Sniper and username / password Reply with quote

Just went to see their site after a long time, and the first thing I noticed is that they adopted the model in which a username and password used for their site is the same as ebay username and password.

You may or may not recall this, but Gixen was the first service that used this approach. I don't have a patent on it though Smile.

They are learning a few things, obviously.

If anyone can confirm when they noticed the change on their site first, I'd be very curious to know.

In the meantime, according to alexa stats, Gixen is just behind Auction Sniper. With all the inferior service they offer, ridiculous responses in the support forum, and outrageous pricing model, it took 5 years only to get to a tie. I just can't believe they are still around.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Mario, it goes to show that good sense does eventually win out over market dominance... it just takes a long while.

Sorry, I can't help on when they changed that aspect of their implementation, I have never considered using their service so I don't keep an eye on them. Hopefully somone else, perhaps a recent convert to your service, will be able to provide that information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Blog All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: