Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

HIGHEST MAXIMUM BID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILLY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: HIGHEST MAXIMUM BID Reply with quote

Well, it has happened again. I lost an Ebay bid. Not any fautl of Gixen. I lost by 90 cents. even though I was the highest bidder.At first I had enetered about $78 then lowered to $69 mainly because I realy didn't want the item or at least had no great hunger for it, A similar situation happend before. So I lost it by just 90 cents. You must.. if you really want somethng badly enough.. bid the absolute highest amouint that you are willing to pay- out, even if you wind up payng more than you wanted.. it becomes yours. When you play games witih just a few cents or even dollars you might just loose. The trick to sucess with Ebay is to "OUT POWER" the competition. If an item you realize is worth .. let's say $200 and you think that at $140 it's a good Ebay deal; you must at least bid $250 to aquire it, even $300. that $300 bid could seal the deal at the next lowest bid which could only be $99. You never know who may have set their own automatic proxy bids. At $300 it gives you a better chance to win. But remember it also forces you to pay high prices if your competition also bids high. Only if you really want it... take the max bid.
nochkin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it really worths $200 max for you, why bid at $300? Snipe it at $200. Add a few steps if it's important and let it go. I would not want to pay $250 for the item which worth $200 max.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably be sniping at:

'$140 it's a good Ebay deal'

... it usually has to be a good deal before I am interested at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.