Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY ERROR: SELLER NOT ACCEPTING BID

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: SELLER NOT ACCEPTING BID Reply with quote

Got the above error on item 220666624927. Been using Gixen for hundreds of snipes now and never had that happen before... what gives? Would I still have gotten this error with Mirror?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had any dealings with that seller before, either buying or contacting them?

I think it is likely that they placed a block on you bidding on their auctions.

Another possibility is that they unintentionally blocked your bid by setting a provision thatr you did not meet, perhaps the amount of feedback, the number of unpaid item strikes, there are a number of possibilities for that.

To answer your second question, yes Mirror would not have alleviated this problem as the block was at eBay.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the reason is not stated. The response says:

Seller not accepting your bid
# Unfortunately, the seller cannot accept your bid on this item. This can happen for a couple of reasons. For example, the seller may be limiting how many items you can buy from him or her in a specific time period.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever dealt with that seller before, but I could be wrong. However, when bid is blocked by seller settings, the error code is usually different - don't remember what it is exactly, but something like, bid blocked by seller. And I can't think of a reason why it would be blocked, either - I have better feedback than the seller, no unpaid item strikes AFAIK (that haven't been removed or expired long ago), seller and I are both in the US... This really sucks, and it sounds like there's no way to make sure it doesn't happen again. Neutral
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can only be detected when placing a bid, so the only way for you to know about this is to place bids manually yourself, if you have other items from that seller that you are interested in buying I would recommend trying that.

Alternatively, you might be able to get the seller to investigate what blocks they have that might prevent you bidding if you contact them.

Also sellers sometimes change their eBay name, or set up new accounts, so it is sometimes difficult to detect that you have had issues with them in the past.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is the message returned by ebay... Email me and I will provide you with a complete logged response page. Unfortunately ebay didn't state the exact reason.

---
Seller not accepting your bid
# Unfortunately, the seller cannot accept your bid on this item. This can happen for a couple of reasons. For example, the seller may be limiting how many items you can buy from him or her in a specific time period. Learn more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.