Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

group bidding dangers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sickyd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: group bidding dangers Reply with quote

Sorry i am not quite understanding how the group bidding option works. So you can add auctions all for the same item, but they can't be more than 2 minutes within each other or gixen will bid for all of them? right now I am looking at getting a certain item, and the seller has listed like 10 auctions all for the same item all within a few seconds of each other and I would like to win one of these auctions. How should I go about doing this?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't use group bidding for these, if they are all within few seconds of each other. There simply isn't enough time to verify you won the item and cancel remaining snipes.

You have to choose and bid on only one of them.
sickyd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks. I can understand how that would be impossible given the time needed to bid on one, get the info back from ebays servers and run it through yours...more than about a couple of seconds...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I advise people not to use group bids if they are within 2 minutes of each other. With Gixen, the real minimum is around 17 seconds or so.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.