Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

How to bid - use Gixen AND Ebay?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: How to bid - use Gixen AND Ebay? Reply with quote

Hello,
There is an item I'd like very much to win but I'm really not sure how this should work; ie, if I'm bidding on an item on Ebay do I just place my bid here through Gixen, or at both Ebay AND Gixen?
Will I be bidding against myself if I do both?
juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is enough to enter your bid with Gixen. Gixen will then place your bid during the last few seconds of the auction. There is no need to place a bid directly through eBay. In fact, this would defeat the purpose of using Gixen.

If you did place a bid directly on eBay and also entered a bid with Gixen, you would not be bidding against yourself: eBay only increases the price if a different bidder bids.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that John says is true and excellent advice, also note however that eBay does not allow later bids that are the same as previous bids.

So if you entered a bid with eBay and then entered the same amount as a snipe with Gixen, then Gixen would not be able to place that bid at all, it might look as if Gixen had failed to do its job however that would not be the case because it would be the eBay rules that prevented the bid being accepted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.