Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Is 10 seconds for group bidding verified?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rezaf_2000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Is 10 seconds for group bidding verified? Reply with quote

Mario

First, Thanks for your awesome tool! It's great.

Now my question, back in october you were testing to see whether 10 seconds of difference works in group bidding. Can you tell us if you can verify this fact now?

Thanks again
Reza
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it works fine, but use at your own risk Rolling Eyes
noyopacific

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 200081098663 in a group bid that went 9 seconds before the only other item in the group 200081098696. I got the first item for $42.88 but the second bid did not get cancelled. As luck would have it, I lost the second identical item at $61.05. I understood that 9 seconds was cutting it close and was willing to accept the risk of having to purchase both. Any advice?
You are still a hero in my book!
Best Wishes,
Noyopacific
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave, 9 seconds is probably not enough, especially after the latest changes in which I verify if snipe was "outsniped". Here is my calculation:

Bid offset - the time when snipe is sent is around 6 seconds before auction end. Let's say it takes full 6 seconds to receive reply from ebay. Then Gixen waits for another 6 seconds to make sure auction ended, and then checks again if you are the winning bidder. Let's assume this final check takes up to 5 seconds.

So in theory, to be sure your snipe gets canceled, there should be at least 17 (6+6+5) seconds between bids.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.