Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Is Gixen's bid a proxy bid, or a definate one?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flacquer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Is Gixen's bid a proxy bid, or a definate one? Reply with quote

There goes the question:
I've already set a proxy bid on an item which has 2d to go- the sum I set originally was the sum I would be paying maximum for- but if I decided I COULD pay more, should I use Gixen for a snipe?

For example, my proxy bid was 100, and I'm setting Gixen for 125. Once auction ends but other bidders aren't touching 100 yet, which bid is counted? eBay proxy's or Gixen's?

And in the case where a bidder goes over 100 and passes my proxy bid, is Gixen's snipe 125 or just incremental?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen submits your bid to ebay the same way you would. This means that Gixen will raise your maximum bid few seconds before auction ends from 100 to 125. From that point on, ebay is using proxy bidding, and will raise the actual bid up to the amount necessary to win. It may stay at 100, or it may raise (up to 125) depending on other bidders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.