Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

BEWARE: Unauthorized bids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unhappy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: BEWARE: Unauthorized bids Reply with quote

Within two minutes of logging in to this and setting up snipes, two bids were placed from my account on items I did not authorize. The auction was minutes from ending. Luckily I noticed and retracted the bids and changed all my information. I had just changed my password a couple days ago, so this is the only way someone could have gotten it.

WILL NOT BE USING THIS AGAIN
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather doubt that Gixen made unauthorized bids from your account; however, if you could provide Mario with your eBay username and the item numbers on which unauthorized bids were made, he could check the logs and see what actually happened.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
unhappy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was entering snipes for collectible items ending in a few days. The bids were put on iphones ending in minutes. I have a hard time believing this is a coincidence that it happened within minutes of sharing my password with this site. I know better than to share passwords and was uncomfortable doing it. It won't happen again.
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can appreciate your chagrin; however, the fact that unauthorized bids were placed close to the same time you entered your snipes is just what you have a hard time believing: a coincidence.

If you provide your eBay username (not your password, of course) and the eBay item numbers of the iPhones, Mario will be able to verify whether the bids were placed from Gixen or not. If you're not comfortable posting that information here, you can email it to Mario directly at <support@gixen.com>.

I have been using Gixen for over 2 years and have placed snipes of over $1000 using Gixen. The security measures that Gixen has in place are rock solid and better than any other sniping service. Not only is there no evidence to support your claim, it makes no sense: any sniping service that made unauthorized bids would be out of business overnight. Gixen has been around for years and its user base is growing steadily.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unhappy wrote:
I was entering snipes for collectible items ending in a few days. The bids were put on iphones ending in minutes. I have a hard time believing this is a coincidence that it happened within minutes of sharing my password with this site. I know better than to share passwords and was uncomfortable doing it. It won't happen again.

I assure you that no such thing was done by Gixen, not now, not ever - I recommend that you call ebay and ask for more information. Think hard where else you left your password in the past, as it wasn't Gixen who did this.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unhappy,

I would recommend running a scan on the computer that you use, because the symptoms you describe, in my opinion, are most likely to occur due to something malicious running there as opposed to anything that Gixen was involved in, as explained by others, there is no evidence to support that Gixen is responsible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.