Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Refreshing Prices

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seek_Low

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Refreshing Prices Reply with quote

Is there an easier way to refresh current prices

Cannot find a button

Edit/Modify without changing prices seems to work

But is a pain to have to do it on each line

Also could not find a search function within the forum to try to find the answer
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there is not, they are refreshed periodically, it takes up too much resource on the Gixen servers to update all prices every time you refresh the page, and we would all have to pay much more for this service if it were to be considered again.

The best way to track auctions reliably is via eBay itself, the price here is only provided as a convenience anyway, it is not essential for sniping.

I have a search link at the top right of the forum pages, do you also see this? Once I have selected that I find it quite easy to find things.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen does not refresh prices dynamically and there is no button to do this. Refreshing prices uses a lot of server resources and so Gixen does it as a batch job periodically (every couple of hours or so). Remember, Gixen's job is to place your bids moments before each auction closes; other features are of secondary importance.

If you would like to have up-to-the-minute information of bidding, I recommend putting the auction on your eBay watch list and track it there.

Experienced bidders determine the amount they would be willing to pay and simply bid that amount (e.g., by scheduling a snipe for that amount) and are not influenced by what others are bidding. Besides, it is often the case that the most serious bids are from other snipers, in which case it doesn't help to track the current price, anyway.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Seek_Low

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

I have a search link at the top right of the forum pages, do you also see this? Once I have selected that I find it quite easy to find things.

Doh - I was looking for a box - Newbie Mistake
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject:

diGrande

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually come to this post looking for possiblities of the refresh button, i understand the concern about performance, and I am very agree with

I mostly refresh the page to see the time left for the auction to finish, kind of "I like to feel I have the control", and too see if anything has happend

but for the matter of refreshing the page, would be possible to write a litle javascript executed in the browser that will read the price from eBay directly instead form Gixen server ??, in that way, no resources get consume in your server ...

just an idea (I miss the refresh button)
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diGrande,

Do you have the skills to produce the Javascript required?... I dont I'm afraid but if someone was willing to implement it, it could certainly be useful to those here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.