Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Few questions, new user.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conrail92

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Few questions, new user. Reply with quote

I have a few questions...

Can I use Gixen and Ebay for bidding at same time? For instance I bid $65 on Ebay with 30 seconds to go will Gixen detect I'm the high bidder or will it bid at the last second thus outbidding myself which means I would pay more?

If the item is at $65 and I have Gixen to snipe at $80 and win would I just pay like $66?

I never used a service like this before, so it hard to put all the trust in the system, that why I want to use Ebay aswell.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing to understand is that all Gixen does is to place the bid you tell it to bid within the last few seconds of the auction. In other words, a bid placed by Gixen is treated the same by eBay as a bid placed manually.

Conrail92 wrote:
Can I use Gixen and Ebay for bidding at same time? For instance I bid $65 on Ebay with 30 seconds to go will Gixen detect I'm the high bidder or will it bid at the last second thus outbidding myself which means I would pay more?

eBay's bidding system prevents you from outbidding yourself. If you bid $65 manually on eBay and you enter a bid of, say, $80 at Gixen, then Gixen will place your bid of $80 at eBay in the last few seconds. However, eBay will not increase the winning price just because you bid again: the winning price would still be $65 (unless someone else bids). The result would be the same as if you had simply bid $80 manually at eBay.

Conrail92 wrote:
If the item is at $65 and I have Gixen to snipe at $80 and win would I just pay like $66?

Again, this is determined by eBay's bidding system, the fact that the bid is placed by Gixen has nothing to do with. For a complete explanation of eBay's bidding system, see eBay's help page at

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/aboutbidding.html

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Conrail92

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks... hopefully I'll get a little beginners luck and it works well for the item im bidding on tonight Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.