Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

WHAT EBAY ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pap1cristian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: WHAT EBAY ? Reply with quote

Could someone tell me about setting the ebay country ? Does it matter on what ebay i place my bet ?
for example my next bet is on ebay.ie but the settings are on U.S.A (default) .Should i change it to Ireland ore is it ok to leave it like this !
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been discussed on a previous thread. See
http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2395

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the link but unfortunately it doesn't help me 100 %.Mario keeps telling us to set our country ebay but in my case my country doesn't have a ebay so i don't see the relevance.

The bottom line is : should i set the country according to the auction location or leave default ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "country" setting has no relevance. The only purpose of it is to format links on the Gixen scheduled snipes pages, so that they land on the desired ebay country site when you click on them.

The "target site" setting is more relevant - Gixen will in fact place bids on the specified country site. This used to matter only for insurance purposes - your insurance coverage is different depending on which country site you use to place your bid. Recently though, some items can't be viewed on eBay US, only on e.g. eBay Germany or eBay UK, so this setting became more relevant. By default, target site is set to eBay US, but "Auto" setting is on - which ensures that target site is switched for those items that can't be viewed on eBay US.

I would not change any of these settings unless you understand completely what I just explained above.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject:

pap1cristian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: got it Reply with quote

Well, is all clear now ! in my current case i will leave it default because the item i'm bidding on is visible on ebay.com aswell.

Thanks for the incredibly quick answer !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.