Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Confirmation feature for delete function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayel

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Confirmation feature for delete function Reply with quote

Hello Mario,

Are you able to put a confirmation when i hit the delete button? Sometime, i accidentally hit the delete button and the system will remove the item immediately. There is no way for me to retrieve the item number. It will be great if the system will ask "Are you sure you want to delete this item?" before deleting the item from the system. Thanks

Kayel
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible, but other users may find it annoying...
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How hard would it be to create a setting so that the user could choose between immediate deletion and being presented with a warning? I don't think I would be overly annoyed if I was given a warning before deleting an active listing, as long as the <purge completed> worked without giving me a warning. I wouldn't think most users delete a lot of listings before they're completed, so a warning shouldn't be a big imposition.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Kayel

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Mario....let us know whether you can do that or not. No matter what your decision is, i want to thank for the great service that you offered. Keep it going....
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the rare occasion that I have accidentally deleted something that I wanted to keep, it has been my only use of the browsers Back button, on this site, in order to retreive the details and re-enter the snipe. If that were not possible it still wouldnt be a great problem as I have all the items that I'm interested in on my watch list on eBay, and I still know what I'm prepared to pay.

So I dont need a confirmation, but if one were implemented it would not annoy me either, it is one of those issues I'm almost completely neutral on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.