Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Existing bid in system says $200 but on ebay it is $1975

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eboylan_98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Existing bid in system says $200 but on ebay it is $1975 Reply with quote

I am a new user and am a little concered as Gixen says the current bid on an item is $200.00 but it is actually $1975 on the internet. The reserve has not been met so maybe that has something to do with it? Anyways, I placed my max bid and will see what happens.
eboylan_98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: sorry - here is the item number Reply with quote

Sorry, the item number is 280336794057. Should have read your instructions before posting!
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen only updates the current price of auctions every couple of hours or so; thus, if you really need to know the current price, you should use eBay directly (as you have done). This will not affect your snipes: the current price is irrelevant as far as placing bids is concerned (unless, of course, the current bid is already greater than the bid you entered into Gixen).

If you've placed your maximum bid, then there is no reason to watch the auction: simply check later to see if you've won.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
eboylan_98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: So, I had $2512.50 as my max but it sold at $2500.00 Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I has $2512.50 as my snipe but it sold for $2500.00. Can you help educate me on why we didn't get it? Are auto increments higher than $2.50?

Thanks for your help!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: So, I had $2512.50 as my max but it sold at $2500.00

eboylan_98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: never mind Reply with quote

So sorry for wasting your time - I understand this all now.
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bid increment for the $2500 - $4999 range is $50. For a complete list of bid increments see http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-increments.html

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.