Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Hyperlink to auction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
First timer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Hyperlink to auction Reply with quote

Could the item number hyperlinks take you directly to the eBay site of the country of origin for that particular auction?

If I click on a hyperlink for a snipe I've set I go to eBay.com (US) rather than eBay.co.uk

I know it's not essential but it would be nice to be on the UK site to sign in, check status etc and have the auction in GBP rather than USD and a conversion to GBP.

Also, under the countdown timer I'd like to see the actual close time (in country of origin) ie UK auction in GMT from eBay.co.uk

I appreciate your bandwidth issues and that you gave just reason to the previous poster for showing not current bid value due to bandwidth of checking auction, that's why I'd appreciate clicking a link and going to eBay UK rather than copy and paste or searching watched items.

If bandwidth wasn't an issue I'd like to see the number of bids already placed and shipping charges (just as a reminder) but I know that won't happen.

I've recommended you to several who already now sniping.

In no way am I picking any faults, this is a fantastic service you are giving to eBayers and I sincerely thank you.

Top man Mario!!!
First timer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I wrote things the wrong way round in my last post. I was typing too fast and thinking with my fingers.

"have the auction in GBP rather than USD and a conversion to GBP"

My comments are still valid though that I would prefer to land on eBay.co.uk rather than eBay.com

thanks again Mario.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a valid suggestion, I have to think though how to implement it / distinguish auction country... And to make some choices: should it be bidder's country or seller's country? If bidder's, then I would have to keep each user's preference.

The easiest way to do this is to distinguish it by the currency in which auction is listed... But then there are additional problems for the EURO-listed auctions...

I'll keep this in mind, but don't expect it any time soon, I'm quite streched as it is...
First timer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Mario, I appreciate your reply and that you're stretched.

My choice would be to go with the bidders country but I understand the difficulties you would have with this.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject:

gery

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the user who adds a snip can set the ebay location he wants to be linked to. maybe as a selectbox next to the price (when he adds a new snipe). And maybe this selection from the user will be saved as a cookie and then when a user next time adds a new snipe this ebay-location will be preselected in the selectbox.
First timer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Gery, if the user could specify an eBay location when setting the snipe that would work for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.