Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

What a hell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rollingbosky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: What a hell Reply with quote

I was bidding on something that had a buy it now price. my bid with gixon happened to be greater then the buy it now price, and so when the time came, it just dumped my bid into the trash and let someone get it for next to nothing, well below what I was bidding it for.

Did I miss some small print telling me of this? IT SHOULD BE IN LARGE LETTERS ON EACH PAGE.

I would just love to say a few words to express how I feel about your "service"

Those words you can imagine what they would be.

Thanks for nothing in this, even though you usually come through, I am not happy today at all, to say it as nicely as I can, which I would love to say it otherwise.

Enjoy yourself like I am enjoying you.
nochkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay rules do not let you bid higher or equal to BIN price. There is nothing to do with Gixen.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What a hell Reply with quote

rollingbosky wrote:
I was bidding on something that had a buy it now price. my bid with gixon happened to be greater then the buy it now price, and so when the time came, it just dumped my bid into the trash and let someone get it for next to nothing, well below what I was bidding it for.

Did I miss some small print telling me of this? IT SHOULD BE IN LARGE LETTERS ON EACH PAGE.

I'm really sorry you lost this auction, it just happens. But if this was really not replaceable, you would have used that buy-it-now button, right?

Where would you place this warning? How would you implement it?
Note that buy-it-now price sometimes disappears after the first bid has been placed. I do the best I can - but if you have a suggestion how to improve the system, please post it here.
juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people blame Gixen for their own lack of understanding? If you're willing to bid the Buy-It-Now price, then you should simply exercise the Buy-It-Now. It is eBay that foiled Gixen's automated bidding process because eBay issued a warning that the bid was more than the Buy-It-Now. It makes no sense to blame this on Gixen. Next time, either bid less than the Buy-It-Now price or just pay the Buy-It-Now. Don't blame Gixen for a failed attempt to game the system.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'm almost speachless (I nearly didn't post at all on this).

When I learn a valuable lesson I am greatful for it, has peoples thirst for knowledge really sunk so low that they resent the aquisition of it?
Forrest Freeman

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What a hell Reply with quote

rollingbosky wrote:

Why the heck would a guy put in a price on Gixen that was above the BIN price? I thought all you had to do was to hit the BIN on eBay and story over...you bought it. Shocked <scratches head>
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe, as John said, that it is an attempt to 'game the system', they are willing to pay more than the Buy It Now price but hope that lack of interest will result in them getting it for a lower price.

Personally, I think that if there is no other interest and no-one takes the BIN then the starting price that they were trying to get it for was probably too high anyway... real bargains are unlikely to be missed as a result of eBay rejecting bids above the Buy It Now price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.