Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Claims to have 'won', but was actually outbid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobriquet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Claims to have 'won', but was actually outbid Reply with quote

For item 200073395046, Gixen claims that I won and cancelled the rest of my group. However, I was actually outbid at two seconds to go.

It would be really good to be able to re-enable cancelled bids, and to update the bid and quantitiy fields.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, this is a known issue I have to fix. If you get "outsniped" (someone else snipes after Gixen with higher bid) Gixen will not check for it.
noyopacific

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Yes but it was a beautiful snipe Reply with quote

I am sorry that you lost this bid. However, from a sporting point of view, one has to admit that the winner placed a truly beautiful snipe. I noticed that the winner has a feedback rating of only 18, I'd say it was either beginners luck or more likely, he's got a ringer on the field!

Keep in mind that it is always better to miss a bid than to "win" by paying too much. When someone outbids me, I just tell myself: Hey dude, your a pro, you don't allow yourself to get carried away and overpay for an item. Part of why we snipe is to protect us from our overly-competitive selves!

Best Wishes & Good Luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.