Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Unknown Error (6)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont250es

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Unknown Error (6) Reply with quote

I'm got this error many times i different days : Unknown Error (6)

thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the other thread from another user that had this problem?

Here is a link to it if you haven't:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1980

I would suggest first that you log into eBay directly, if they prompt you with extra pages asking you to sort out an issue that will be the problem gixen has. Don't just ignore them even if eBay allows you to do so as gixen will be stopped from logging in when it encounters these issues, it is not set up to work around them, and it can not sort them out for you, once you have sorted out the problem gixen should be able to log in again and place you bids....

That is so long as the issue doesn't involve changing your password on eBay, if it does make a note of the snipes you have scheduled here first as afterwards you will need to set them all up again.

If you are able to log in, to eBay directly, without any extra pages coming up (I'd try it at least 5 times to confirm this because eBay often only issue warnings at log in intermittantly), then I'd suggest you try a small manual bid to see if any issues arise in that process.

If all that fails come back here and see if Mario has had time to investigate further for you.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Unknown Error (6) Reply with quote

lamont250es wrote:
I'm got this error many times i different days : Unknown Error (6)

thanks

Can you please give me one item id for which you received this message?
lamont250es

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Unknown Error (6) Reply with quote

Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Unknown Error (6)

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it - for some unknown reason your username has a blank before it in the database. This resulted in a bad html request. Was this a special or non-ascii character of some kind?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.