Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen and ebay's current bid doesn't match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guest 123435

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Gixen and ebay's current bid doesn't match Reply with quote

If I look at the current bid on Gixen (even after refreshing web page) it does not match the current bid on ebay. Is this a bug?

Also, how will this affect the last 6 seconds (my default) of the auction? Will Gixen's servers be able too place the bid if someone bids in the last 3 seconds?

I'm very confused about this whole thing. Please advise.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen no longer updates the price field automativcally every time you refresh the page, it was too expensive in resource terms to do this for everyone. So no its not a 'bug', its a 'feature'. It now updates periodically every hour or so, definitive prices should always be viewed on eBay itself, the current price is not necessary for gixen to place your bid in the last seconds, its provided for information only.

As I said that field is not necessary for sniping so whether or not it is up to date at the end of the auction has no effect on whther the bid can be placed.

That said. if anyone places a bid at any time during the auction (not just the last 3 seconds) that is higher than the amount that was placed as a snipe with gixen then you will not win, thats how eBay works. Sniping only protects you against retaliatory bids from other buyers and/or shill bidders.
Guest12345

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information.
So how is the best way to use Gixen? Do I bid manually within the last few seconds of the auction to increase my chances of winning?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to use gixen is to place the absolute maximum that you are willing to pay as a snipe with gixen and not bid manually at all.

If someone else places a bid that is higher you won't win but you are still happy that it went for more than you were prepared to pay.

If you place any bids directly on eBay there is the chance that someone will react to that bid and bid higher than they otherwise would have done, meaning you don't get the best deal, or you don't win when you would have done so with a bid placed in the last few seconds that they can not react to... this is the point of sniping.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject:

Guest12345

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mark for your help. I will place the maximum bid I am willing to pay and leave it up to the two Gixen servers..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.