Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bid was not placed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
igorgesse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: bid was not placed Reply with quote

1. Gixen betrayed me second time in the last 10 days.
For eBay item 270262889106, my maximum bid was $47.76, but somebody else won the auction at $32.33.
Gixen says "Sign in information is not valid" .............................
Well, it was valid in the previous 2 auctions , 1-2 days before, and I did not change my eBay ID or password!!!!!

2. Also, a couple times last week I noticed that Gixen data was not "synchronized" with eBay. The current prices in my Gixen table were lower than actual current eBay prices. I tried to refresh Gixen, but it did not fix the problem

I begin to suspect that Gixen has got more business than it can handle...
Could you please explain this?
juangrande

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario will have to take a look at the logs to see what caused the Sign in information is not valid error.

As for the current price data, Gixen updates it as a batch process about once an hour or so (Mario can explain the exact details if you're interested). This is to reduce the load on the system so that Gixen's sniping is not compromised. It turns out that keeping current price data up to date takes a huge amount of resources, and since it is not essential to Gixen's main purpose (sniping), it was decided to stop updating current price data in real time.

Remember: Gixen's job is to place your snipes reliably. There are other tools for keeping track of current price data.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: bid was not placed Reply with quote

igorgesse wrote:
Gixen says "Sign in information is not valid"

I actually have the screen returned by ebay saved - there is no doubt your username/password was not accepted. It says in clear red letters "Your user ID or password is incorrect.". So it could be an ebay glitch if you really haven't changed your password.

igorgesse wrote:
Also, a couple times last week I noticed that Gixen data was not "synchronized" with eBay.

Prices are no longer updated real-time. Sorry about that, but that was not a sustainable feature, at least not at these prices.

igorgesse wrote:
I begin to suspect that Gixen has got more business than it can handle...

Nope, Gixen is in better shape than ever. Smile
igorgesse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: bid was not placed Reply with quote

Actually, I think this is a Gixen problem, not eBay.

Just in case, for ebay item 380053529782 I used 2 programs, Gixen and Myibay on August 14.

Gixen still says "invalid signup", but Myibay bid was placed successfully, although by bid was too low.

Gixen, wake up and fix the eBay interface problem !!!!!!!!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: bid was not placed

juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen's interface is fine and works flawlessly for a great many users.

There are certain characters that Gixen has trouble parsing if they are used in a username or password. Perhaps that is the difficulty you are running into. It's also possible that you mis-typed your password when using Gixen. In any case, you could contact Mario directly at <support@gixen.com> to have him look more closely at this.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.