Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid not placed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nadiletiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Bid not placed Reply with quote

Hello!
I scheduled a bid 22 hours before the end of the auction. I was keen to obtain the item and edited the bid once to raise the bid amount. However, no bid was actually made! (No-one else bid either).
Any ideas why this might have happened? No indication on Gixen why this has happened, just "Auction Ended'.
many thanks,
David

I wonder if I had left the original bid alone would it have been OK? Or perhaps Ebay are blocking bids? I use two PCs, and have used both for successful bids in the past. (Ebay appear to be keen to link specific users with specific PCs, might this have anything to do with it. Sorry I'm a bit vague about this last point).

Item No: 370069340532
nadiletiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Bid Not Placed Reply with quote

hello !

I have just twigged what happened. Bid not placed has nothing to do with Gixen. The reason for the bid not being placed was because the seller ended the auction early. He did this so that I could make a 'But It Now' purchase.
I didn't suspect this because I had requested same from seller about a week ago and when I did not get a response assumed that the seller wasn't interested. However, it appears that this is a "timing" issue, auction ended early but quite near the scheduled end time.

I am sorry to have bothered you with this issue which has now ended very well. I have just purchased the item.

Many thanks, Gixen is a great tool.
David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.