Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

MANY AUSSIE SELLERS LEAVING EBAY GOING TO OZTION

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Di in Australia

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: MANY AUSSIE SELLERS LEAVING EBAY GOING TO OZTION Reply with quote

Hi there, I notice that you have Oztion listed as one of your Beta Testing Auction Sites for Australia.

Can you give me some indication of when you hope to have this up & running so I can tell the masses who are leaving ebay in their 1,000's .... they are forcing us to use Pay-it-again-Pal and preventing us sellers from accepting bank deposits/checks/money orders as payments so it will be PAYPAL ONLY.

The peasants are revolting & leaving for Oztion. If you need a "test bidder" for the Oztion site I would be happy to help out.

Cheers Di
nochkin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OZtion has a feature (could be enabled or disabled) which prevents sniping idea.

Auto-1-Min:
Auction end time is extended for 1 minute if a bid is placed in the last 60 seconds.
Allows the bidder who is willing to pay the most win.

If many auctions will have it, then sniping will be kinda useless.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nochkin,

I haven't looked at that site... I presume a buyer would not be able to tell if that feature was active for any particular auction?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a look now... There is also this:

BidNow
BidNow is an exclusive feature available to OZtion.
Sellers have the option to select this feature for auction style selling only. The Auction end time is hidden from bidders and will no longer be displayed to anyone except the seller.

Prevents bidders from knowing when the item ends and waiting to bid in the last few minutes/seconds. Encourages bidders to place a bid earlier because the item may end at anytime.

... That one makes sniping impossible, and the Auto-1-Min mentioned by nochkin makes sniping relatively ineffective.

So, unfortunately, I don't think its worth considering any further as a potential extension for sniping services.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject:

nochkin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BidNow... what a "wonderful" feature. I missed that.
Seems like OZtion is on the seller's side, not on the buyer's..
IMHO attracting sellers only is not enough, but that's not for me to decide which business model to choose.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nochkin wrote:
IMHO attracting sellers only is not enough, but that's not for me to decide which business model to choose.

Yes, IMHO you are right, buyers like you and I will not be interested, ultimately that means prices will be lower and less will be sold, which is not good for the sellers either.

I think that 'no sale no fee' is a step in the right direction for sellers, but the anti sniping features are a going too far.
nochkin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right.
That's just another not understanding that sniping is actually driving more people and prices.
I snipe not just because I want to "steal" auction how some people think, but simply because I may forget about it or don't want to fall in bid shilling process.

At least, most snipers are the only ones who put the real value bids on items.
When I sell stuff, I prefer for my auctions to be sniped. In this case I get a fair market value for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.