Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

allow the duration of the login cookie to be user-settable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AgentSteel53

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: allow the duration of the login cookie to be user-settable? Reply with quote

I've recently been finding the "two hours" time to log out a session to be too short, with the hassle of logging in again and again. eBay's "one day" feature is bad enough already, I think - Hell, gmail's "two weeks" is about the minimum standard for me.

I'd love to use gixen as my primary monitor... as opposed to eBay's "items I am bidding on", which commits a bid. I tend to set gixen to $0.01 or something similar to enable silently keeping my eye on an auction without having anyone else in the world know. Gixen's list of items with pending snipes is perfect for "things I am currently tracking" - except, every two hours, it dies and I have to log in over and over again.

if I am confident that my computer is secure (which I am), I would like the convenience of not having to log in frequently.

Can we make that an option? To allow a log in to Gixen to last the user's choice of two hours, a day, a week, a year, perpetual 'til the end of time (May, 2038, if I recall correctly, given Unix's system date limits!), etc...

thank you!
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a better alternative would be to use JBidWatcher as your watch list. Since it automates the login process to eBay, the expiration of eBay's login cookie would not be a big deal. I'm waiting for Keith Hopkins to program the handshake between JBidWatcher and Gixen so that snipes can be scheduled using JBidWatcher as the interface. That would be the perfect setup.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.