Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

A Refresh Button Maybe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: A Refresh Button Maybe? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm fairly new to Gixen and I just want to say that this is a great website and service. I'm surprised no one has suggested/asked for this feature yet, but how about a "Refresh" button maybe down near the "Add" button so that users can refresh the page to see updated information such as time remaining, current price, etc. Once again thanks for the great service and keep up the great work!
nochkin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIR, it was suggested several times.
But the problem is that process is very expensive (especially the update of the current bid values) and will put too much load on the server.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushing the Add button without anything in the fields performs the best function that can economically be provided. That updates the times, the prices get updated periodically and if an update has occured that also is reflected.

As nochkin says to provide more takes too many server resources to be economic... However if you're interested in paying nearer $100 a year for such a service (and there turn out to be many like you) then I'm sure it could be considered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.