Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

multiple items within a group.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gixenusr2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: multiple items within a group. Reply with quote

Is there a way to request multiple quanity within a group?

I want to purchase 2 items, but the auctions are for single items only. I would like to select upto the limited 10 auction items and place them all within a group and specify to continue bidding until I win total of 2 items.

thanks in advance
samhale123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make 2 groups with 5 in each?
houston

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also intressted in this feature.
It will make sniping much more easyer Wink
the thing about 2 groups with 5 items is that if you win one of the first group, the remaining items going to be canceld, and you may lose the chance to get the canceld items (maybe they will be cheaper than the items in the secound group).

It would be really nice to see the feature of multiple quanity grouping Smile
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an interesting suggestion! If I understand this correctly, the suggestion is to allow one to set the number of items in a group Gixen should win until it stops bidding. Currently, Gixen bids on each item in a group until one item is won, and then cancels any remaining pending bids; and the suggestion is to allow one to set up a group so that Gixen will continue to bid until n items are won, where n is set by the user.

I can imagine that this would occasionally be useful (although I doubt I would ever use it). While the logic would (I think, though I'm not sure) be easy enough to incorporate into Gixen's existing code, it seems like redesigning the user interface to support the required input field would require significant thought and I'm not sure this would be used enough to justify the effort. Mario will have to make that call.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think John explained it nicely - this would be nice to have, but I don't see this used often enough to justify the effort.

An easy way to allow this would be to allow duplicate items if they are grouped, so to form two groups with 10 (same) items in each. It's still possible that items would get canceled in both groups (with one win only), so one would have to use different offsets for these groups to minimize chance of this happening.
houston

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i mean it like john explained it.
and you (mario) are also right, maybe there is not much using of the feature, but me for myself needs something like that very often.
If i am searching for more than one item of the same kind, i have to put only n items in the list and have to add new if the other are failed.
like this weekend, i wasnt able to look for it, and loose al of my collected items.

If the function like john explaind will be added, or the way you explaind is both okay.
the first maybe a complicate coding, but maybe mroe userfriendly.

its on you to choose Smile
Anyway, gixen rocks also without it Wink
but there are things wich can be improved Smile

br
houston

PS sry for my english, i am from germany.
Ralph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: More Support for Multi-Item Grouping Reply with quote

Here's my two cents to support the request for this feature:
    Multiple item auctions are getting less and less frequent. At least here in Germany, eBay marketing (i.e. free standard auctions) pushes sellers to rather create a number of single-item auctions than one multiple item auction. Also - from my personal experience - a series of single-item auctions can be targeted more exact on the prospected buyers' best online hours and simply yields higher returns.
      Also, many items are usually sold as single, while there's enough reason to buy two:
      • Ex. 1: Every month I need two monthly transport tickets, for my wife and myself. Many people are selling single months of their yearly subscription tickets, but they will never ever sell two for the same month in a multi-item auction.
      • Ex. 2: For my kids, I want two toys of the same kind. Many people are selling these things, no one does it in a multi-item auction.
      Implementation idea, based on the quantity field not being really well defined and used in a grouped bid, anyway: (Or is it?)
        After a failed snipe, everything stays as it is. After an item is won, Gixen would subtract the number of won items (usually 1 for a single-item auction) from all quantities of the remaining snipes in the group. All items with a result of 0 (or less) are canceled, all others stay active.
          Simple, effective, allows transparent grouped multi-item bidding even across single and multiple item auctions, doesn't need changes in the user interface.
            What do you think?
              BTW: Gixen rocks!
                Ralph
                Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: More Support for Multi-Item Grouping Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
                Multiple item auctions are getting less and less frequent.
                eBay has recently announced that they will be phased out completely in May, I guess they may continue a little longer than that on sites other than .com, but I'm sure they will be gone by the end of the year.
                Ralph wrote:
                quantity field not being really well defined and used in a grouped bid, anyway: [i](Or is it?)
                It might be used at present in a Group if any of the auctions that are grouped have multiple quantities available... this could be the case up until eBay phases out such auctions as mentioned above. I personally think it would not be good idea to overload a field for different scenarios anyway as it would confuse some users if it were.I do however support your well reasoned argument that this feature would be useful to some.
                Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
                Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
                You can post new topics in this forum
                You can reply to topics in this forum
                You cannot edit your posts in this forum
                You cannot delete your posts in this forum
                You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.