Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

My First Gixen Experience

View previous topic :: View next topic  
npcrolls

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: My First Gixen Experience Reply with quote

I submitted my first Gixen bid today after my experience last night.

I had two auctions ending at exactly the same time. One had no bids as the minimum was fairly high. The other had multiple bids.

So I snipped a bid on the first item 10% over the bid minimum with 25 seconds to go. eBay immediately responded indicating I had been outbid.

I was sufficiently flustered by what happened on the first snipe, that I didn't get the bid on the second snipe in on time. It went for 25% less than the miximum I planned to submit.

Bummer!

Never again!

So I logged onto Gixen for the first time later last evening and set up my first snipe for this afternoon. The item closed while I was on a conference call with a business partner. Once the call was over I leisurely logged onto Gixen to find out how I did.

I won.

This is way too easy.

Tonight I have four more snipes already to go. Assuming things go well (bids get submitted), I'll move over to the premium service, even if I don't win any of them. They are all low ball bids I wouln't take the time to mess with the old way.

Thank you.

npcrolls
npcrolls

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Follow up to first transaction Reply with quote

I just thought I'd follow up on this post.

eBay has a new countdown tool that is in Beta. It continuously coundowns remaining time on an auction and updates prices as bids come in.

Last night I used it to monitor my second Gixen snipe. With one second left, I received notification from eBay that I had bid on the item (Gixen snipe) and was high bidder.

I won the auction.

It was way cool to watch the bid come in. You might want to try it. Laughing Surprised

npcrolls
nochkin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Follow up to first transaction Reply with quote

npcrolls wrote:
It was way cool to watch the bid come in. You might want to try it.

I personally snipe because I want to sleep during that time so "sleeping" and "watching" cause a conflict with each other Sad
olliehon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Follow up to first transaction Reply with quote

nochkin wrote:
npcrolls wrote:
It was way cool to watch the bid come in. You might want to try it.

I personally snipe because I want to sleep during that time so "sleeping" and "watching" cause a conflict with each other Sad

I agree. Anyways Gixen is great! I have tried other snipers before, some of which my bids actually got rejected when i could have won with my bid amount. I really appreciate what you guys have done here, providing ebay lovers such great service without asking for a cent. I will definitely recommend Gixen to my friends. Thanks!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Follow up to first transaction

Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Follow up to first transaction Reply with quote

olliehon wrote:
you guys

As far as I know Mario is the sole owner and runner of the site... all the other contributers (like myself) are just normal users/hangers on/supporters Smile
nochkin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Follow up to first transaction Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
olliehon wrote:
you guys

As far as I know Mario is the sole owner and runner of the site... all the other contributers (like myself) are just normal users/hangers on/supporters Smile

IMHO
Any good and well-made service website = website design&scripting + support (forum, etc)
So you can count yourself as a part of Gixen.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Follow up to first transaction Reply with quote

nochkin wrote:
So you can count yourself as a part of Gixen.

Thats very kind of you nochkin Embarassed. Well I guess if some people regard me as part of the service I had better start trying to give excellent advice... to try and match Marios service Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.