Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

API

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samhale123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: API Reply with quote

Sorry abouty this, but could I have a bit of clarification of the API that is to be released.

Will it just provide some variables that we can use to snipe using our server, or will it provide a file(s) (php?) that we just put on our server, and will use our resources instead of gixens.

My server comes with heavy bandwidth, so would I just be able to copy a couple of files over and be able to (say be able to display current price on unlimited auctions?)

Other wise I assume we'll just download some auction management software, than implement the gixen-ness into it?

Thanks very much,
Sam
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Mario will be the one to provide the API, he is the one that can provide the technical details. However, my understanding of an API is that it is a documented collection of methods (functions) and/or variables available to client software in order to make use of the functionality of the server (in this case, Gixen). With an API, one should be able to use auction management software (a very nice example is JBidWatcher) to access your Gixen account to manage snipes. The auction management software would already have the capability of tracking things like the current price of the auctions on your watch list (or, with a Gixen API, those auctions on your Gixen snipe list).

I should mention that the client software will still have to be written (or re-written) in order to make use of a Gixen API.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The API will be embarrassingly simple, and it will be something like:

https...api.php?username=<username>&password=<password>&newitem_id=...

So you will be able to make a single https call from whatever application you like (e.g. PHP + Curl) to manage your snipes.

The current price value will most definitely not be provided by the API. Use eBay API for this.
samhale123

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great, thanks very much.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.