Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Using Gixen on Europeen Ebay portails

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frenchman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Using Gixen on Europeen Ebay portails Reply with quote

HI
I guess that gixen don't work on Europeen Ebay portails that use "," instead of "." for decimal point i bidding price ...
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Using Gixen on Europeen Ebay portails Reply with quote

Frenchman wrote:
HI
I guess that gixen don't work on Europeen Ebay portails that use "," instead of "." for decimal point i bidding price ...

I think I understand your problem, eBay now accepts bid amounts specified like 33,33 as identical to 33.33 doesn't it? I think that until recently this was only the case on European sites where people are more used to specifying monetary amounts that way, it now appears to be universal.

Gixen currently only accepts amounts in the form 33.33, so as long as you specify your bid amount that way it does work.

Perhaps arising from this we have a new request for gixen to accept the ',' format as well, it could just translate all ',' to '.' ... I would assume that it would be acceptable (for most users) to see their bid amounts specified with '.'s even if they entered them with ','s?

Certainly what it does at the moment (when you use a ',' in your snipe amount) is a fairly long standing bug since it displays the 'This snipe may have been entered too late into Gixen and may not be executed.' error in red (which does not relate to the problem that it has found.) in addition to the 'Could not add this item - auction number or money format not valid.' in grey message which does at least relate to the problem, but is not as visible as the other message.

So in summary the work around is to use '.' instead of ',' when entering snipes on Gixen.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed, Gixen too now accepts bids with ",". Thank you for the report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.