Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

reserve not met ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingwhistle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: reserve not met ??? Reply with quote

item # 300176154702

I set max bid of 420, but when I looked , I had lost, even though I was the last bid. My bid shows as 334.99 instead of 420 ??? that seems weird to me.

Why did I lose ?

I thought that Gixen puts in my highest bid amount 6 seconds before end of item, and lets the Ebay functions take over ?

PS- I love your service here and thank you for the forum.

best,
Thaddus Corea.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaddus,

There was a reserve on this auction which must have been greater than your bid of 420... so though you are highest bidder you still don't win.

Until the reserve is met, ebay uses your bid in a proxy bidding system to outbid the previous highest bidder... by one incremant until your highest bid is reached... so the amount you are seeing is 329.99 plus one increment (5 at this level of bidding).

Gixen does indeed place your highest bid at the last moment.. however please remember that it is not the last bid that wins, it is the highest... AND the reserve has to be met or the seller does not have to sell the item to you... they have to pay extra for a reserve price and this is why.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you

great forum !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.