Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Out Sniped by just 1 second, again! Twice!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saxtoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Out Sniped by just 1 second, again! Twice!! Reply with quote

Mario, I have found Gixen to be very useful, but today I have been out sniped by the same ebayer twice, and only by 1 second later on each auction. It's not the first time this has happened to me by him. That's life and I can live with not winning every auction, but you know that Grrr feeling! So there must be another sniper tool that seems to be beating Gixen. Can you make any tweeks to Gixen? Wink
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Smile, sorry, but I can't make miracles - if his bid is higher than yours, the only solution is to snipe that person, not the auction Smile (this is a joke, just in case someone is not sure about it).

You can snipe before him - that should help to an extent (for up to one ebay bid increment), but I can see you figured this yourself...
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've complained to Mario before about the OUTBID and BID UNDER ASKING PRICE bugs Gixen has. Somehow, I've never been able to convince him to fix them. Very Happy Wink

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you are experiencing I would guess that this eBay user is a dealer, there is profit in it for them so they won't be going away until you are prepared to pay more than the price they can sell for, less their costs and profit margin.

So practical solutions are:

1) Do some research on what the item is worth to dealers, either those with stores on eBay, those selling at 'Buy It Now' and elsewhere, eBay is not the only place that items are sold. From this you can make a better informed guess as to what they are prepared to pay and hence what you have to bid if you want to win.

2) It is very rare for any item not to come up at least once every 6 months, you need to remember what was bid last time and increase your bid by a small amount above that each time you lose... This can take a very long time, and yes in some instances it could even be years but eventually you will reach a point where you win. With this strategy, over very long timescales, you still have to keep any eye out for other factors that might affect the market in the item.. these are dependent on the type of item that you are dealing with, but for instance if you are interested in an artists work new work being issued, publicity (adverse or otherwise), re publications or deaths all affect the market.

Where prices and values are concerned its a complex world and as with pretty much anything the more work you are prepared to put in the more you can reap the benefits.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject:

Bron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: The higher bid wins Reply with quote

As someone else here has pointed out many times, it's the higher bid that wins, not the last bid.

You have to be willing to walk away if someone else values the item higher than you do. Don't sweat it. Odds are you'll get another crack and maybe even get it for less. We remember all the times we lose a close one, but if you are doing your job, you'll also win a few of those yourself. It all evens out in the long run.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.