Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

New Gixen iphone and android apps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:37 am    Post subject: New Gixen iphone and android apps Reply with quote

New iPhone and Android Gixen apps have been released. Please try them, they should be faster and more stable than the previous apps. This is just a beginning, development of these apps will continue, so please be kind with reviews - instead of leaving a negative review please provide me some feedback instead. Don't hold back on positive reviews - these help Gixen reach more audience.

New apps are available here:

iPhone: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/gixen-ebay-auction-sniper/id6446328339
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gixen.gixen
Quadratic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject: iOS Password Identifier Link Reply with quote

The login fields are not being properly identified on iOS when being passed to a password manager (such as 1Password.) Instead of passing the gixen.com identifier, it’s showing as file:///private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/935F0766-8217-424C-A0B8-660CB56A1DAA/Gixen.app/www/login.html

This link is obviously does not properly associate with the gixen.com login stored in 1password. The link should be updated to do so.
Arron25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject: Android App Reply with quote

My Android app won't even accept my login rejects 'Incorrect Credentials' Seems to hand to the password save, but not much use when it won't accept me.
Arron25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:25 pm    Post subject: Apdroid App..Fixed Reply with quote

Found the glitch.. seems Android Keyboard was doing a spurious character in password ..reboot.. all happy
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:25 pm    Post subject: Apdroid App..Fixed

Redken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:24 am    Post subject: Log in Reply with quote

Hi,
Couldn’t log into my account yesterday, is this the reason why? It’s ok today with the new app for iPhone.
dremfly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject: Need easier login Reply with quote

Needs easier login on Android. If it still requires user id/password every time without auto filled-in features like the browsers, then it's slower than using the browser. Adding fingerprint login would be wonderful.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Need easier login Reply with quote

dremfly wrote:
Needs easier login on Android. If it still requires user id/password every time without auto filled-in features like the browsers, then it's slower than using the browser. Adding fingerprint login would be wonderful.

It's only the first version, it's possible we will add this later. However, unless you explicitly log out, Gixen app should remember your login, so you don't have to login every time you launch the app.
jcsatujp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: New Gixen iphone and android apps Reply with quote

I've just installed the new app.

First impression: I do not like the layout anymore.

More specific: You have combined the watched list and the snipe list together. That is assuming that I'm going to snipe each and every item on my watched list.. which i don't.

Problem: I'm now having to go through my long watch list to see which item(s) I have sniped. Ie the sniped items are not all in one , clearly seen place any more. To me, this is such a backwards step.

Request: Can you not bring back the scheduled snipe list, which just includes the items I have sniped?

Question: In the meantime, I presume the old app will still function as i didn't uninstall it?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old app will still work, until you delete it.

I will see that I address this, and that users can see the watchlist without importing it.
jcsatujp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject: New Gixen iphone and android apps Reply with quote

mario wrote:
I will see that I address this, and that users can see the watchlist without importing it.

Thank you. Basically keep the same "user" functionality. Removing it is a bad user experience.

But thank you for the quick response, and I hope even more that you can address it.
Nduetime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: New Gixen iphone and android apps Reply with quote

mario wrote:
New iPhone and Android Gixen apps have been released. Please try them, they should be faster and more stable than the previous apps. This is just a beginning, development of these apps will continue, so please be kind with reviews - instead of leaving a negative review please provide me some feedback instead. Don't hold back on positive reviews - these help Gixen reach more audience….

Two problems I notice on iPhone app.:

1. Delete items doesn’t not work using delete button
2. Item “Time to end” and “Current bid” are not anywhere close to current from what I can tell, the app is showing data from over two hours ago.

Connectivity is not a problem. Refreshing does not help. Closing app and restating it does not work.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gixen iphone and android apps Reply with quote

Nduetime wrote:

Two problems I notice on iPhone app.:

1. Delete items doesn’t not work using delete button
2. Item “Time to end” and “Current bid” are not anywhere close to current from what I can tell, the app is showing data from over two hours ago.

I just fixed #1, and will work also on fixing #2.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I fixed #2 too. Let me explain how it works.

1) For non-subscribers, prices will be continue to be updated by the batch process only. This does mean every 2-3 hours. This does not affect sniping in any way.

2) For subscribers, prices will be updated at every request if it's been more than 10 minutes since the last update. I may reduce this interval in the future.
java007md

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:28 am    Post subject: Android App Issues Reply with quote

When I installed and logged into the app on my phone initially, the snipes did appear to load correctly.

I tried again today, and none of the snipes are showing in the Android app. Also tried on a second phone and had the same results - no snipe showing.

When I look at the gixen.com website, I do see my snipes - but - it also looks like some watchlist items are shown ($0 bid price).

I also see a completed item listed on the snipe list with an incorrect final price (not the selling price, or even the selling price plus shipping - not sure where that is coming from).

If you need specifics, I can email item numbers, etc., to help with debugging.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do email me, include your Gixen username and a few item numbers.
m7sportscards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPhone app is great. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: