Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

We're determining the winner message on eBay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattyscards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:57 am    Post subject: We're determining the winner message on eBay Reply with quote

I am new to Gixen and I wanted to test it on a cheap item, so I put in a bid of $2 on a $1 item, eBay item 385432738150. I left in the default settings for both the main gixen proxy and the mirror.
I was the only bidder with 2 bids of the exact same amount at the exact same time.
I won the auction according to Gixen but on eBay I click on the item and it still says "We’re determining the winner. Please refresh the page."
This was over an hour ago.
Was it wrong of me to have left the default settings for both the main and the mirror? Or is it normal for an auction using Gixen to take a long time to determine the winner? I have bought many items on eBay manually and have never had this problem.
I contacted eBay and they said I may have to wait 24 hours to know the winner though on my Gixen account it says I won and I got an email from Gixen saying I won.

Please advise.

Thank you.
oattyscards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: update to previous message Reply with quote

Ok, just after I posted the message, I got notified by eBay that I did indeed win the item, so the issue is resolved.

Was it wrong of me to have not set the times in the mirror and the main proxy? Is that what caused the delay in eBay determining the winner? What times are recommended?

Thank you very much.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me that sounds like an Ebay issue, just being slow to update you.

I presume you mean the offset times ? They just change the number of seconds before the auction when the bid is placed. They are up to you and make no difference as to when the winner is declared, by Ebay.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
pattys cards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried another Gixen snipe. This time I set the offset main and offset mirror values to be different, unlike the previous snipe in which they were set by default as being the same. This time the snipe worked and I got the result right away. I believe that was the issue, of having the offset main and offset mirror be the same.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had them the same for over 10 years, I can assure you, that's not the issue.

What you experienced is coincidence not consequence.
Ian Ed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experienced the same issue yesterday evening (UK time). It was 2 hours 15 minutes following the completion of the auction, before eBay completed the process and showed the item under my purchases - allowing me to pay. And sent out the "You've Won" email confirmation.

I experienced the same issue a couple weeks ago - but on that occasion it resolved within a few minutes.

My Gixen snipes are offset by 1 second between main and mirror. As mentioned above I don't think this has anything to do with Gixen. Looks like a latency (or similar) issue with the eBay platform.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.