Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

4 out of 4 network errors last night...rubbish

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbird71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:30 am    Post subject: 4 out of 4 network errors last night...rubbish Reply with quote

4 auctions ended with network error that I should have won. No more gixen for me the free one does not work all they want is for us to pay so its either pay them or do not use NO SUCJ THING AS GOOD FREE SNIPES HERE ANYMORE...I knew this was coming...
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that all within a short timescale, or was the issue over several hours?

You seem to be the first, and so far only, one to report this recent issue.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an issue that lasted an hour or so - Google's own DNS was timing out, and main server was relying on it. I have sinced changed it to alternate DNS servers.

Mirror server was not affected, as it was set to use a completely different DNS.

As for the complaint - this is the first issue in a long, long time that main server had an issue. I always make it clear, at every point, that this can happen with a single server. I do my best to make it as reliable as possible, but that mirror service has a purpose - it saves the day in situations such as this one.

Most users recognize benefit of this - at any point of time 60-65% of snipes are executed by both servers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.